Saturday, September 8, 2007

Graham Update

Elias seems to be getting most of the attention here (which is natural, as he's much louder than Graham and awake for more hours of the day), so I thought I should give a little update on what Graham has been doing lately.

He's been smiling for a few weeks now, since he was about 8 weeks old. He smiles more at strangers than at his mommy, I guess he knows she already loves him and he doesn't need to charm her any more than he already has.

He also has been making new noises (i.e., other than crying) the last few weeks.

His neck is very strong. If you hold him in a sitting position, he can hold his head up pretty well for a few minutes.

He's discovering his hands. He likes to suck on them and use them to bat at the animals hanging above his vibrating chair.

He has his nights and days sorted out, though this doesn't mean he sleeps through the night. I feed him when I go to sleep around 10:30 and when I wake up around 6:30, and he wakes me up once during the night to eat.

He loves his nightly bath and spends the time kicking and waving his arms, splashing and pushing his feet against the end of the baby tub to lift his body up out of the water. I think if he were capable of laughter, he would be giggling uncontrollably through the whole thing.

2 comments:

Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said...

Since you brought up Graham's vibrating chair....do you use both a swing and a chair or has one worked better for the boys? We don't have either yet...I'm trying to figure out what to get! So many choices!

Wendy said...

They both have liked the chair better than the swing (but didn't like either that much until they were a couple of months old). But I've had friends who swear by the swing, so unfortunately I think it all depends in the baby, and nobody knows until he arrives and he tries them both out.

Its actually nice to have both or at least more than one (we got 2 chairs and a swing as gifts) and scatter them throughout the house. There's always someplace close by for me to put the baby down.