Monday, April 14, 2008

We'll Miss You, Grandma!

DSC_0068

Grandma Norma was nice enough to come see us this past weekend. I had been telling Elias in advance about her visit and promised him she would read him all the books he wanted. When she walked in the door and he figured out who she was, he didn't say a word. Instead, he bolted out of the room and ran to the stairs. As he was frantically climbing, I asked him where he was going. "To get a big pile of books!" was his reply. I guess he WAS listening to me when I was telling him about all the fun he would have with his Grandma.

The weekend's fun wasn't limited to books, either. We took a ride on the Strasburg Railroad, went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and Elias enjoyed some yummy macaroni and cheese made with extra love especially for him by his grandma.

Graham was sick and miserable, but was still able to enjoy a few cuddles and hugs with grandma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the best time reading him to sleep every night I was there. I made up stories to tell him, mostly about his Daddy, when he was little. I don't think Elias believed some of them, so I asked if her would ask his Daddy if the stories were true - believe me they were. Grandma Norma